• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

bashrc for non-root account

shwekhaw

New Pleskian
Hi. I am trying to change color of directories. I can do that for root by editing .bashrc under /root. How can I do that for other users created under parallels? Their home directories are /var/www/vhosts/domain.com
Using root account, I created .bashrc under those directory and chown to the user. But colors are not changing. I also adding the color in /etc/bashrc system wide file and it does not work either.

Hello,

Login your user through SSH and try to execute following command

Code:
PS1='\[\e[0;32m\]\u\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;34m\]\w\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;32m\]\$\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;37m\]'

I understand this encoding. However how do I make it permanent so I don't have to enter this command every time I login. Why the shell is not reading .bashrc under login path?

i also need support to get the same .bashrc that is available for root user to be also used for domain users.

Hi. I am trying to change color of directories. I can do that for root by editing .bashrc under /root. How can I do that for other users created under parallels? Their home directories are /var/www/vhosts/domain.com
Using root account, I created .bashrc under those directory and chown to the user. But colors are not changing. I also adding the color in /etc/bashrc system wide file and it does not work either.

You also need to add a .profile inside their home directories to automatically apply .bashrc settings :

Code:
 ~/.profile: executed by Bourne-compatible login shells.

if [ "$BASH" ]; then
  if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
  fi
fi

Back