• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue bind9 - Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file

SeBoOne

New Pleskian
I have a problem with the DNS Server and i tried everything i could find in the past 2 days.
My Problem is that after a while (sometimes a day sometimes a few hours) the bind9/named-service starts putting following lines in the syslog file.

Code:
Feb  4 09:26:01 server named[954675]: Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file

Feb  4 09:26:02 server named[954675]: message repeated 37813 times: [ Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file]

the same goes for the "service named status" or "journalctl -xeu named.service" command. I just cant find out what that means ... WHICH FILE ... i tried every possible form of "googleing" it i even tried to ask ChatGPT4 but nothing the answer is always something like the named.service file has wrong config or the bind/named.conf is not correct but i tried all those things and cant get behind it.

I mean i could just let it restart the service everytime it detects this kind of respond in the log files but that not a real solution.
I wanted to remove bind9 and reinstall it but couldnt find any helpfull info if and what i have to do before and after doing that so i didnt yet.

The problems started after i installed and removed VSCode and vscode-cli after that for the vscode-remote-tunnel which didnt solve my problem that i had with that.

Back