• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Could not activate/renew license. KA server response: No properly formed ip addresses

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having trouble to activate a SB license upgrade.

I'm receiving this error message:
Could not activate/renew license. KA server response: No properly formed ip addresses

I have found an article at Parallels KB about this issue:
http://kb.odin.com/en/3567

This article says that this problem is related to some host name configuration problem in sb_config, or a grsecurity issue.

I have checked and my host name is OK, I can resolve this name from the server and from the internet.

I don't have grsecurity installed, so I don't know what can be wrong.

I have just paid $899 for this license upgrade, and Parallels is asking me to pay $75 more for a support call so they can check this problem.

I think that's an offensive proposal. Sitebuilder support has become just like Plesk's. Bad for us.

Dmitry, please help me with this problem, I'm out of licenses and I can't install the new one that I have already paid.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Is this issue still actual? If so, provide me with the following output from Sitebuilder server:

# sb_config --help|grep sb_host

You need to make sure that --sb_hostname value can be successfully resolved to --sb_host_ip value. Check it up and let me know about the results.

Hello Dmitry,

Yes, I can resolve the host name to the host IP.

It's OK now, I have installed the license key file you sent me instead of this activation code, and the license is now installed.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Back