• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question DNS2 issue

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
almalinuix 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian latest version
hello fellas,
i am facing a new thing, that i never had using plesk and ovh.

into my registrar i set NS1 and NS2 with my 2 IPs address
thani i add second IP on Plesk panel (tools and settings)

The ns1 i use the main server IP, its work fine
but the second IP, qhen i query on intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health tool, i got this msg

ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
The ones that did not respond are:

i open a ticket with plesk, they told me that this ns2 address respond on server (internally), but not outside.
so i disable all firewall, open ports, i made everthing and continues with this "not respond"

i ask ovh if there is a board firewall, they tell me that i am missing to register a dns for this domain into ovh panel, so strange, because i never had done this before.
i just set dns 1 and 2 on my domain registrar pointing tho those 2 IP, add set them to plesk and used to work.

any light?

Why do that at all? There is no advantage of having two DNS entries point to the same server.

i see, but i never had any issues doing like this.
It [mostly, see below] doesn't hurt, but there is also no benefit. If you have a single server, and it is down, it doesn't matter if you can resolve its IP or not.
my registrar need at leats 2 dns to allow the dns changes.
Just put OVH's DNS in the second place. It might complain about not being authoritative, but that's still better than a server that doesn't reply at all because that might slow down resolving if the client tries to connect to the non-responding DNS server first.

Back