• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Error 550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel

Necroman

Basic Pleskian
Hi! I always get this error when trying to manage files on my webspaces.

It says:
Unable to connect to Plesk
550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel

Screenshot attached

Can someone help? Thanks!

Attachments

• tmp_30956-Screenshot_2015-09-22-05-44-19-1375272373.png
    tmp_30956-Screenshot_2015-09-22-05-44-19-1375272373.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi Necroman,

did you try to set both ( FTP AND FTPS ) connections to be valid at: Plesk > Tools & Settings > Security Policy ( FTPS usage policy ) ? If yes, please change the setting and hit "o.k." and please re-change the setting back to both usage again.

Hi!
I have Allow only secure FTPS connections checked. If i change it to allow both won't the server be less secure?
If i allow both secure and non-secure it works, but shouldn't the app be updated to work with FTPS?
Thanks!

Hi Necroman,

the app does support FTPS, but your client was not requesting a secure connection, or the server denied the request, in case of misconfiguration(s), or missing certificate(s), or their misconfiguration(s). Please investigate with the help of log - files, why the server denied the access over FTPS for your client.

You have to decide for yourself, if a secure transfer is necessary or not. If you think, that your data - transfer absolutely needs a secure connection, then you will decide only to use secure connections. Your server is not less secure with both options.

Back