• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Error while installing Plesk 12.5.30 for my first ever time (Pulling my hair out!)

Birdy

New Pleskian
Hi All,

As a newbie installing plesk for the very first time ever, I am somewhat pulling my hair out! After re-formatting my entire server assuming its something i have done wrong and loosing all the data due to plesk explaining you must format the server as appose to uninstalling!

Anyhow after the entire re-format and reinstall of windows + plesk, One is no better off in regards to the errors i am experiencing.

The installation console provides the following error and advises me to seek support.

installing Web Presence Builder Core...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Create Web Presence Builder database...' failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --create-database-and-user -database sitebuilder5 -database-user sitebuilder -database-user-password * failed with code 1. Output: ERROR: PleskMainDBException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.<br />
(Error code: 2002) (db.php:444)<br />
<br><a href='http://kb.odin.com/plesk-error/sear...machine+actively+refused+it. +(Error+code:+)' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

at (CmdAction::Commit line 415)
at Execute action Create Web Presence Builder database...(executeList line 293)
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\SITEBUILDER-WIN_12.5.29\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\sitebuilder-core.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: The installation of the package 'sitebuilder-core' failed with code 1603. (install: installing Web Presence Builder Core...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Could anyone please advise me with what route one should take, I would greatly appreciate the help, Advice and Support for any mistake i have made or perhaps i am missing something so simple?

As a new leaner to plesk ive been pulling my hair out for the last 8 hours!

Kind regards
Birdy

Have you tried install Plesk without WPB (former SiteBuilder)? Just try do not select this component for installation in Autoinstaller.

Please check MySQL log file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data\*.err

Back