• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fundamental problem with your templates?

M

m.r.davies

SW soft
-------

A couple of constructive points and suggestions

Can you make all the un-compiled templates available for download?
This would make custom templates a whole lot easier, as all we would need to do is search for one that looks similar and adjust this.

In my opinion, templates that are NOT a fixed width (expand to whole page) are a bad idea as it messes up the design
All templates should just conform to a standard resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768.

i've tried to use one of your templates, and uploaded my own 800px header,
it looked good until i maximised the screen and the design all messed up
The header was off to the right and there was a load of white space where the template had expanded to the page width

I can see this as being a MASSIVE issue, i know you are just trying to make it easy for numpties, and make it flexible, but these constraints need to be in place otherwise people will end up with a rubbish/different looking site on different screen resolutions

99% of the websites i've ever visited use a fixed width.
What was the reason for making it a variable width?

I've spoken to another forum member about this and he agree's its a huge issue that should be addressed

Hello,

Thank you so much about detailed feedback about flexible design templates. It will be forwarded to product manager.

About design template code - after compilation templates sources are kept under _Source folder. Check "[%SB_DIR%]\Repository\Design\[Any design template dir]\_Source" folder.

Also Sitebuilder SDK contains three samples of design templates.

Thanks

I wasn't aware the SDK contained samples

For those wanting to know where they are please look in

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\SiteBuilder for Windows 4.0\SDK\Samples\Design Templates

Back