• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue No access to control panel after removing mail components (404)

MikeSkril

New Pleskian
Hi,

I removed the mailserver and webmail components within the control panel and this was finished at 100% (there was a mention of errors but I cannot recall).
After going back to the control panel, I got a 404 error. Now I cannot reach the control panel anymore.

I tried to repair thru the terminal but the plesk commands are not working. I have not much terminal experience and would appreciate some help.

Plesk 18.0 on
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Code:
root@foobar:~# plesk
Usage: plesk [command]

Commands:
  bin - Run the specified Plesk command-line utility (e.g., domain, client)
  checkupgrade - Download the preupgrade checker for the latest, or specific Plesk version
  conf - Open the specified Plesk configuration file in the editor
  daily - Run daily maintenance script
  db - Database related commands. Open MySQL console by default.
  ext - Call a command-line interface of the specified Plesk extension
  help - Show help and exit
  installer - Plesk Installer shortcuts and command completion
  listupgrade - List versions current instance can upgrade to
  log - Follow Plesk logs
  login - Generate login link for specified user
  php - Run a PHP script using the Plesk PHP interpreter
  repair - Check and repair Plesk
  sbin - Run the specified Plesk internal utility
  version - Show product version information
root@foobar~# plesk version
open /usr/local/psa/version: no such file or directory

Code:
root@foobar:~# plesk repair all -y
Unknown Plesk command-line utility: "repair"

I followed these steps so far but that did not change anything:

Here some stuff from my syslog:
Code:
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: Failed to start Startup script for Panel sw-engine.
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: plesk-task-manager.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: plesk-task-manager.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 12283.
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: Stopped Plesk Task Manager Service.
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: Starting Plesk Task Manager Service...
Jun  7 19:05:03 foobar systemd[1]: plesk-task-manager.service: Failed to parse PID from file /run/plesk-task-manager/task-manager.pid: Invalid argument

Last edited:
Back