• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please, please, PLEASE, update the Serial attribute in the DNS SOA when reconfiguring

ComNet

New Pleskian
Dear Parallels,
*PLEASE* (pretty please with sugar) when running a /usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl with a new IP map (see http://kb.parallels.com/943) also increment the serial attribute of the changed domain's SOA. Otherwise the slave DNS for that zone won't know that anything has updated and will keep on answering bad old stuff.
Thanks,

Marco

What is version of your Plesk? As far as I remember something regarding update of SOA number was fixed in Plesk 10.4.4 MU#5

It just so happened that I came upon this bug myself using "plesk bin reconfigurator". Plesk has confirmed this bug and PPPM-13049 should be fixed in the upcoming release. Almost 10 years later...

Just got the information that "it should work since Plesk Obsidian 18.0.39".

There was no mention of the bug in the changelog, because "the bug was fixed in scope of implementing the following feature":
Plesk on Cloud now automatically updates its public IP address if it was changed after the server reboot.
(Kind of confusing, but ok)

Back