• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved "plesk" command not found in bach after upgrade from Debian 9 to 10

umara

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48
Hello,

Today I have updated my system from Debian 9 to 10. During installation process I have followed instructions posted here -> https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...upgrade-procedure-on-Linux-server-with-Plesk-

I have plesk admin however got some issues:
- I had to restore from backup domain and mail settings
- as did that, I had to connect again hosting to domains (which was kinda strange) however DB settings is missing.

When tried to check phpmyadmin got following error: "Failed to store CSRF token in session! Probably sessions are not working properly."
I found a fix on plesk support (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...on-Probably-sessions-are-not-working-properly) however it require "plesk" command which is missing.

To fix plesk command I tried this article: Plesk and its command-line utilities do not work due to missing Plesk packages - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
Now I have latest plesk, but still command is not working.
Help would be here much appreciated as of now I cannot update mariadb with all DB I already have in the system.

Can you check if the plesk command is available in this directory?

# ls -l /usr/sbin/plesk

Or is it the plesk command itself that gives an error on the command line?

Last edited:
Hey,

plesk command itself gives an error "bash: plesk: command not found"
BUT I checked location you mentioned and it seems command itself is there, however to run it I have to go into /usr/sbin/ and then ./plesk

It looks like your PATH is incorrect if you have to go to that directory.

What's the output of this command?

# echo $PATH

You miss the /usr/sbin and /sbin in your PATH environment variable.

Are you logged in as root? You should be root in order to execute the plesk command.

Hey, I am terribly sorry. I spent Saturday night on making clients sites and mails live. (at least those are working).
Yes, I was logged in as root (first ssh by user -> su -> root pass -> root).

I've added plsk command location into path and not works like a charm - big thank you!

However now I have issues with other services (like dovecot which is not installed but installed is trying to update is, so I had to disable automatic installation for updates) and with mariadb who is missing information about databases (but db are running fine). But those are topics for different thread :)

Anyway - big thank you @maartenv because I missed "path" and your hint helped a lot! :)

Back