• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk control panel doesn't work correctly when using mobile connections

TriJoe

New Pleskian
The issue
I've recently had to switch to a 4G connection and I've been having issues logging in since. Upon logging in, it logs out instantly.

What I have tried
  • I've tested this on 3 plesk servers, one is on with a completely different web host, unrelated to the first two. The same issue happens on all 3.
  • I've tested this on 2 different 4G routers, and a 5G router, and 2 different sim cards. The issue happens on all devices / simcards.
  • I've tested from another PC on a normal fibre internet connection, the issue doesn't occur to any of the 3 servers.
  • I've tested from a laptop on the same mobile connections, and the issue still occurs.
  • I've tested on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, with both normal and private browsing modes. Issue happens every time.
My observations
  • The IP address on the mobile connections changes frequently, but not between logging in and being logged out again.
  • The issue did go away briefly when I bought a 5G router, but the problem came back days later.
  • While getting HAR logs from Chrome, I logged in (and automatically back out) several times, but then on the last attempt, I stayed logged in, long enough to click some links before being logged out again.
  • I don't have issues with any other control panels for other platforms.

My bad, I didn't think this was the issue as the IP isn't changing that frequently, but it's not logged out since.

Home > Tools & Settings > Sessions Management
Allow IP address changes during a single session: Enable

Back