• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Windows Firewall issue

G

ghozty

When I try to enable Windows Firewall through Plesk control panel
Server > Components Management > Firewall

I am getting following error:

Server > Plesk Components Management >

------
Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute winfwmng.exe "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><command><set><default config=\"default\"/></set></command>" failed: Wrong root name (ICFModes) must be (ICFModes)
------

If I manually enable Windows Firewall from Control Panel (Windows control panel I mean, not through Plesk), it works Ok, but Plesk does not detect it. I can not control it through Plesk.

In addition to this, if I manually enable Firewall, and then I try to change Firewall status from Plesk I get same error above and Windows Firewall service stopped (actually disabled) by Plesk.

Note that, My server has two NIC cards, I bridged those two connections first. When I get the Windows Firewall error, I thought that Plesk might not be able to support bridged network connections. I deleted bridge. Disabled one of the NIC. I've got same error. I enabled second one, and tried again. it was same.

Is there any solution or suggestion for this issue?

isn't there any suggestions?

May be I need to give some more information:

- I have Windows Server 2003 R2 with Services pack 2
- It's Intel SR1530 Platform
- Have two NICs.

have you tried to run the Plesk Reconfigurator? (disk permissions)

Back