• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Firewall blocking plesk_saslauthd failed mail authentication attempt for user 'info' (password len=9)

shopuser

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.45
i have a nonstop this type from attacks,scannings:

Aug 14 07:13:39 server plesk_saslauthd[2529904]: failed mail authentication attempt for user 'info' (password len=9)
Aug 14 07:13:39 server postfix/smtpd[2529839]: warning: unknown[213.154.2.42]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: authentication failure
Aug 14 07:13:40 server postfix/smtpd[2529839]: lost connection after AUTH from unknown[213.154.2.42]
Aug 14 07:13:40 server postfix/smtpd[2529839]: disconnect from unknown[213.154.2.42] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 commands=1/2

fail2ban catch all this ips, and block but what is this for a login ?
why is : "failed mail authentication attempt for user 'info' " all my mailadreess have a alias

how i can block this logins complete ?

in the firewall i have a rule on Plesk for SSH, FTP, IMAP-Server (for receive mail ) only with the subnet from my home internet and my local mobile provider,
i can receive my mails, SHH ,FTP only from this subnet ip area

fail2ban catch all this ips, and block but what is this for a login ?
trying to SMTP AUTH to be able to send(relay) spam through your server
why is : "failed mail authentication attempt for user 'info' " all my mailadreess have a alias
but the attacker doesn't know that
how i can block this logins complete ?
You can't just block the smtp ports because that would block all incoming mail.

Back