• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

FreeBSD 7 support when?!

Right. FreeBSD was dropped as a supported OS. The decision was accepted on the base of business necessity. We can't spend resources for support of OS which is extremely rarely used for Plesk installations.

Sorry guys, I should inform you that decision to drop Free BSD is not final. It is 95% likely that we will drop Free BSD, but it is not official now.

Subscribed.

I don't run any production FreeBSD servers on Parallels, but I do benefit from being able to run test VM's before deploying for real. FreeBSD 8.x and 9-STABLE are running fine for me inside Parallels Desktop 6, and they ran fine in PD 5 before I bought the upgrade.

If you break FreeBSD under PD, you can rest assured that PD6 will be the last upgrade that I buy. Thanks! :)

New information - CentOS 4/RHEL 4 and FreeBSD will not be supported for upcoming Plesk 10.3.

Subscribed.

I don't run any production FreeBSD servers on Parallels, but I do benefit from being able to run test VM's before deploying for real. FreeBSD 8.x and 9-STABLE are running fine for me inside Parallels Desktop 6, and they ran fine in PD 5 before I bought the upgrade.

If you break FreeBSD under PD, you can rest assured that PD6 will be the last upgrade that I buy. Thanks! :)

kartoffel,

To be clear, this thread only refers to the Parallels Plesk Panel - a control panel offering for servers running websites, e-mail, and other web services. Neither this product nor announcement is in any related to supported guest operating systems in our consumer hypervisor product known as Parallels Desktop.

Back