• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Greylisting subnets

S

shyper

Hi, we're using the greylisting feature of plesk. It works great, but some mailservices are using different mailservers everytime they connect. In this case a mail takes long long time to recieve. So it would be nice if there is a setting or something that it allows a whole subnet after greylisting it.
Example:

123.123.123.111 connects to our server and get greylisted (DEFER)
123.123.123.121 connects and greylisting accepts him because he's in the same subnet

I think it's easyer to just save the lasts octet of the ip as zero (123.123.123.0).

Would be very nice if this gets implemented.

Greetings!

Thank you for your request. I have forwarded it to developers and I hope it will be implemented soon.

I can suggest you add the subnet to the server-wide white-list on Home > Settings > Mail Server Settings > White List. The greylisting should automatically accept the emails that has been send from the servers in this whitelist.

Yeah I know that this works. The problem is that we have many customers and they receive mails from many mailservices worldwide. And some of them rotate their server on every try so it could take days. It is impossible to add every ip-range of every mailservice so it would be a really nice feature if the greylist could allow a subnet for the ip's. I don't think that there are so many spammers with the same ip-range.

I see. I have forwarded your clarification to developers.

Thank's! Would be really great if this gets implemented!
Can you inform me if there any news on this topic eg. if it will be implemented and when it gets implemented?

Thank you very much!

Yes. I will update this thread with any useful information from developers as soon as I receive it.

Any updates on this issue? We're in the process of migrating clients off our old plain debian servers, to plesk servers, and plesk constantly rejecting mail from bigpond is killing us!

Back