• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question How to install Dovecot mail_compress module

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
I have a few emails from a migrated client that are gzip compressed. Plesk/Dovecot will not open them and I get the error:
failed: Cached message size larger than expected (1888 > 1155, box=INBOX.Sent, UID=3) (read reason=)

Tech support showed me that they were gzip'd from the previous server and brought over as-is.

I've installed the zlib library and added this line to dovecot.conf
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins mail_compress

then restarted Dovecot, but now I get the error:
Error: Plugin 'mail_compress' not found from directory /usr/lib/dovecot/modules

How do I install the mail_compress module?

And then how to I add plugin line to dovecot.conf so it doesn't get overwritten on update?

I don't want to compress messages, I only want to decompress emails so they can be read by the user. but I see in the docs that I must use the mail_compress_save setting or the plugin will be disabled

Thanks!

Back