• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Wordpress.

JamesMartin

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone,

We have Plesk 10.4.4 running on Linux (Ubuntu), I have hit a bit of chicken and egg situation. I am trying to install Wordpress from the common applications. As I do this it Plesk asks me to enter details for and administrative user. I want to "Grant administrative access to existing user", which allows me to select and Existing Plesk User from a drop down menu. All the user names shown are email addresses, because that is how Plesk works. but this produces the error:

"Error: Failed to update application settings: invalid values passed for settings of application resource; details for setting with id 'admin_name': Please make sure the text you entered starts with a letter and continues with either numbers, letters, underscores or hyphens"

So I have gone back and Tried to setup a Plesk username that not an email address and of course i have not been able to do this.

Can anyone help?

James

Try toclear the cache from Tools & Settings> Application Vault > Clear cache.

Hey guys, I was having the same problem with Joomla. After clicking install, I'd receive that same error message. If I then tried to create an administrator username not linked to the Plesk account, it would repeat the error.

What I found was that if you click on the arrow next to the "Install" box and click on custom install, then choose to set up a separate username, it works!

Hope this helped!

Barnaby

Back