• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Monitoring: An unexpected error occurred

JuanCar

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.55
In panel.log I see:

[2023-10-01 11:13:24.530] 28063:65193834816af ERR [extension/monitoring] /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/monitoring/library/Http/HttpClient.php(122): Unable to Connect to ssl://api.monitoring360.io:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for api.monitoring360.io failed: Name or service not known

Any idea?

When you query dig api.monitoring360.io do you get a proper name resolution and server response?

Hello, When I do dig api.monitoring360.io from my server I get

; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-26.P2.el7_9.14 <<>> api.monitoring360.io
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56691
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;api.monitoring360.io. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
api.monitoring360.io. 300 IN A 49.12.21.69

;; Query time: 8 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: dom oct 01 20:02:18 CEST 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 65

So, I can not understand why monitor doesn't work.
I prefer a fic, instead of uninstall and reinstall again.

Maybe some ports are closed in the firewall on the server or in a firewall in front of the server at your data center?

I didn't close any port in my firewall recently. But, which ports must be opened for monitor?
Thanks

Now, I see that the problem is not just monitoring but mail from web, notifications from Plesk, captchka ... So I thinks it could be Firewall (I didn't add any custom rule in any port) or...SeLinux is disabled (sestatus: disabled)

I think that there are others issues related with this problem: sslit!, monitoring, extensions catalogue. But my server technicians can not find the problem.
The panel.log entrie
[2023-10-02 21:52:04.004] 18800:651b1f6339b09 ERR [panel] Could not get Mozilla tls config: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: statics.tls.security.mozilla.org; Name or service not known (see libcurl - Error Codes)

Tells that curl cannot resolve host, but in command line
curl statics.tls.security.mozilla.org
does not return error, just a 403 webpage ... but the host is reached. (of course the curl call is not right but it's enough to check if host name is resolved) isn't t?

Hi Peter,
i have the same problem, if you remember, i create some mistake on DNS configuration of my domain... i try to edit Dns for problem with email SMTP... and now nothing works, i delete and recreate domain on plesk, clear DNS of domain and try to recreate all but now i can't create ssl certificates

Back