• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue nginx redirect from domain to a url (url.com -> url.com/page)

mudassarkhan

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.54
Hi all.

I have seen the nginx redirect guides but they focus on /page to another domain:
location /something {
rewrite ^/something(.*)$ Example Domain redirect;
}
However, I have a node app on app.domain.com but there is an issue with the app. app.domain.com shows an error:

Error ID:​

Details:​

Web application could not be started by the Phusion Passenger(R) application server.

Please read the Passenger log file (search for the Error ID) to find the details of the error.

You can also get a detailed report to appear directly on this page, but for security reasons it is only provided if Phusion Passenger(R) is run with environment set to development and/or with the friendly error pages option set to on.

For more information about configuring environment and friendly error pages, see:

but the app is running on app.domain.com/admin
and to be honest, I cannot be bothered to try and fix it, because I think it is WAY out of my league.

Is it possible to just redirect app.domain.com to app.domain.com/admin?

Also, a side note. I deployed this app on an ubuntu server WITHOUT plesk, i followed all of the same steps (composer, node etc) and on that server the app is working correctly. the url app.domain.com takes you to domain.com/admin

You could try the nginx directive. I haven't tested this, so use with caution.

Code:
location ~ ^/$ {
    return 301 https://app.domain.com/admin;
}

Back