• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk Update Manager error

mpudellek

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
v18.0.60_build1800240329.08
Hi guys,

this is my first post here and I hope i'm at the right place. I recently found out, that my update manager in Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60 on Debian 10.13 throws an error and does not show any updates.
Error-message:
Paketliste konnte nicht abgerufen werden: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 332, in execute File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 262, in _wrap_coverage File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 294, in _wrap_profiling File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 375, in _execute File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 433, in execute_entry File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 438, in execute_module File "", line 229, in run_module File "", line 88, in _run_code File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/papt.py", line 6, in File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pum_worker/apt_wrapper.py", line 11, in ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'apt_pkg'

The system update list below is empty and can't be refreshed.

I don't know how or when this happened. In addition my knowledge is basic in this whole plesk thing, I know enough to manage my domains.. :)

Appreciating any help or recommendations what to do.
If you need any further informations, just tell me.

Thank you very much in advance

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 18.08.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 18.08.01.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi @Kaspar

I already tried this one and destroyed my whole plesk installation because it uninstalled all the other packages regarding plesk too and didnt install it afterwards. I had to activate the backup from my plesk server.

Sorry to read that it broke your Plesk installation. You could try to run a Plesk repair with the command plesk repair installation. But I am not completely sure if that will fix the issue you are having. It will at least not break your system again.

If that does not work either, the best suggestion I have left is to create a ticket with Plesk support.

Thank you for your fast reply. I tried this one, but it didnt help. Log-file does not say anything wrong and there is no repair_problem.log.

On monday I will create a support Ticket.
Thank you for your time and help!

Back