• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Wordpress Toolkit: Broken Website! (Pls Help!)

JJSmith

New Pleskian
(Apologies if this is not the correct discussion board to post this in, I am new here)

Hi,

I'm not a developer, but I know enough to be dangerous. Anyway, I'm building a wordpress site for a client and after logging back into my plesk onyx (17.8.11) dashboard after a quick lunch break, I no longer have a wordpress login button on my Plesk Websites & Domains dashboard!! Instead there is a "Install" button next to the WP logo. WTF?! Everything was fine before I went to lunch.

So... I can't log into wordpress or the site!!! I've only ever logged into the site/WP through the login button in my plesk dashboard. When I attempt to use the same credentials through wordpress itself, it obviously doesn't work.

In the Wordpress portion of my plesk, under the installations tab, I have a skull with a flower image and a "Broken Website" header, and then beside the skull I have the following:

"WordPress Toolkit has found WordPress files at the following path:
[there is a filepath listed, just not providing it here]
However, it does not seem that this WordPress website is working. Try restoring the website from a backup or cleaning up the redundant files."

I have an "under construction" plugin running and active, and when I attempt to go to the site via the front-end (just typing the URL and going direct), my "under construction" message does appear, so I don't think the site or the files are gone. I also have the same amount of disk space allocated as I did before this issue, so again, that makes me believe the files and data are not gone just... not accessible...?

When I click "backup manager" from the "websites and domains" dashboard section in plesk, it just spins and spins... never loads the backup dashboard/view.

I have no idea how to get the site back, and the last time I did a backup was last week (SO much more work has been done since then, it's painful to think about it), and that backup is in the backup manager area, which I can't get to. I know I should keep a copy of the site/files on an external drive, the cloud, etc.... and if I could literally kick myself in the *** I would. I've been working hard towards a deadline, my internet has been shoddy the last few days, and it just slipped my mind to do another backup. But since the site is still "live/there" and my disk space allocation hasn't gone down, I think maybe everything is still intact?

I have NO IDEA what to do from here and I don't want to try anything for fear I will destroy whatever is left of my site and I'll have to start from scratch (6 months of work gone).

If anyone can please help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Have you tried turning off the "under construction" plugin and hitting Refresh icon in WPT?

When I click "backup manager" from the "websites and domains" dashboard section in plesk, it just spins and spins... never loads the backup dashboard/view.

That's problematic, and might be a sign that the problem is not with WordPress or WPT itself. I would strongly suggest contacting our support team, they should help you out.

Back