• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Possible problem with password recovery with incorrect email

serreri

New Pleskian
TITLE

Possible problem with password recovery with incorrect email

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60_build1800240421.18 os_Ubuntu 22.04

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Hi everyone, I couldn't find any posts regarding my question.

I am using Web Host Edition and I noticed that in my clients' profiles there is no confirmation in the email field when they make a change.

In practice I tested a possible situation where a user
want to update your email for example
[email protected]
but by mistake you enter
[email protected],

In the event that johnDoe71 attempts to recover his password, obviously he will not be able to recover it by entering his correct email,
but if he enters his username then plesk will send email directly to the customer
[email protected]
with the link and username of johnDoe71.

Since it is an event that I detected by doing tests before bringing my customers to the plesk panel, I wanted to ask if it was possible to at least modify the template of the email that is sent to the user
so as to be able to eliminate at least the username that is communicated together with the link to generate a new password.

I hope I explained myself, I apologize.

Thank you

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

I apologize but I don't understand what I should insert here in addition to the description already given.

ACTUAL RESULT

I apologize but I don't understand what I should insert here in addition to the description already given.

EXPECTED RESULT

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

It's currently not possible to modify the password reset email template in Plesk.

There is however a UserVoice feature request for this to be implemented. You can vote for it here: Change password reset mail template

The feature requests with the most votes are more likely to be implemented.

Back