• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Important Repair Kit Extension

Cool! Really helpful!

Some feedback:

View attachment 15009
When errors are shown for the different sections, for example the SQL, please show the corresponding domain. It is showing a database but I don't know which domain to go to create a backup before trying to repair it.

Spoiler:
Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 11.27.33.png

And a technical detail about this: Repair Kit doesn't form these messages, it receives the messages from plesk repair CLI utilities. Thats why we can't, for example, provide here a link to the subscription - Repair Kit extension has no idea what the error message states. Also, to get this little improvement you need Plesk 17.9.

Hi.

We’ve released Repair Kit 1.1.0: Repair Kit - Plesk Extensions

The main features of the release are Disk I/O and improved filters in the Process List module.

Changes:
1.1.0 (19 February 2019)
  • [+] The extension now collects disk I/O data and shows it on the process list.
  • [+] Added the "Exclude root"/"Exclude SYSTEM" filter on the process list, which hides system's power user processes.
  • Improved the extension's interface by fixing a number of UI/UX issues.
  • [-] Added the notification shown if Repair Kit could not fix all detected issues and they must be fixed manually. (EXTPLESK-584)
  • [-] If "Auto-update of resource usage" is turned on, the selected page is now kept after the process list was refreshed. (EXTPLESK-668)

Hi.

We’ve released Repair Kit 1.2 (Repair Kit - Plesk Extensions)

There is a new feature: MySQL Process List. This is Beta version of the feature (the whole extension is stable, but this particular feature is beta) – we decided to release it earlier to get feedback as soon as possible, so, there can be issues (especially with old MySQL versions or with MySQL-compatible software like Percona Server and so on). For now, the feature is free.

Also, there are UX improvements.

I just installed and ran the check of the repair kit extension and it shows something like this
There are incorrect permissions on some items: /etc
There is incorrect ownership on some items in the WWW root directory of the domain

What is this?
I want to know exactly what files are affected and how they would be corrected.
Automatic repairs without showing what would be done may break some functionality.
If a check tells me about "some items" that makes me frown.
The check needs to know what is affected and how and I want to know it too before I run some obscure repair function.

Back