• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scheduling cron task in plesk - run now task not ending

kalombo

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have launched cron task in scheduling task with plesk. They have been 3 hrs since I have launched the commands but till now the command can't finish as you can see in the screen attached. Any idea why this happening? and i cani end it. I have deactivated the task so that it can end with any status but unfortunately still not ending.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_172932_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_172932_Chrome.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
First, please check on the Linux console whether the script is actually still running. You can stop it there using the Linux "kill" command. If it is still running, you can also use "strace" to check if the process is still working on something. Some processes can indeed take hours. It depends on what they are doing. For example, if a process needs to tar.gz hundreds of thousands of files, it will take a long while.

Then, please see this KB article on how to clear stuck tasks from the display panel: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377460333463--How-to-cancel-a-stuck-task-in-Plesk

Back