• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Server Repository Backup Files

R

RSchum

Just curious,

When I download a server repository backup, the link provided appears to be some sort of virtual path. I have read that in 9.x the backups are stored stored, by default, in the directory "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup" However, looking in that directory, it appears there may be multiple files that comprise a backup. So am I correct in assuming that clicking on the download link in the web-based control panel actually starts a process of compressing/combining all the files that comprise a single backup?

In other words, I can't just go to "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup" to copy a backup (or can I?)

-------------------------------------
background: i was trying to troubleshoot an error that was occurring whenever backups were being stored to a remote repository. To do this, I wanted to simulate the FTP action on a backup file to the remote repository to see what kind of error might occur.
-------------------------------------

Back