• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Set up non plesk slave dns server

M

Michael Andrews

I have found the documentation that will allow zone transfers
zone serverbuddies.com {
type slave;
file serverbuddies.com.zone;
masters { 192.168.0.1; };
};

However, you have to go in and manually add that code to that file every time you create a new domain. Is there a way to automate plesk to make it add that to the file every time?

He, good luck. Plesk's support sucks, as well as their hosting software. I've used a few in my time and theirs is by far the worst. I ended up scheduling a task that went like this to fix my issue.
Create a bat file that reads your primary and dns server zones like so
dnscmd primaryDnsServerName /enumzones > zones.txt
dnscmd secondaryDnsServerName /enumzones > master.txt

Read those files with your program of choice finding any domains that have been added/removed from comparing the primary to secondary. Use that program to write another batch file with all of the appropriate dns commands
dnscmd secondaryDnsServerName /ZoneAdd domainHere /Secondary primaryDnsIpHere or
dnscmd secondaryDnsServerName /ZoneRefresh domainHere or
dnscmd secondaryDnsServerName /ZoneDelete domainHere

then execute that bat file. Not pretty but it works.

Whilst the above seems to be ok for Windows servers - I'm using Linux.

Does anyone know how to setup something like this for Linux?

Perhaps BIND can be configured to notify the slave?

Back