• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question SvelteKit and Plesk Node : TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'on')

MarcelP

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm encountering an issue while deploying a SvelteKit demo application on a Plesk server. After following the steps to get the SvelteKit demo ready for production, I performed a build which resulted in two directories: client/ and server/ and some files. To start the application, I created an entry.cjs file with the following line:
(() => import('./index.js'))();

I then set this entry.cjs file as the startup file in the Node.js application settings on Plesk.
However, when I try to access the application via the browser, I receive the following error:
App 32610 output: server.server.on(
App 32610 output: ^
App 32610 output:
App 32610 output: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'on')
App 32610 output: at file:///var/www/vhosts/programr.events/httpdocs/build/index.js:285:15

It seems this error is related to an attempt to access an on method on an undefined server object. Here are the steps I've taken for deployment:
  • Build the SvelteKit application using npm run build, which producesclient/ and server/ directories.
  • Creation of the entry.cjs file to start the application.
  • Configuring entry.cjs as the startup file on Plesk.
1709931745122.png

I'm a bit lost on how to resolve this issue. Has anyone encountered this error before, or does anyone have an idea on how to correctly configure a SvelteKit application for deployment on a Plesk server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Back