• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Testing backups

M

Matthys Smith

I was recently asked to test the integrity of Plesks (8.6) internal backup system.

So, I downloaded a new install of 8.6 and installed it on a freshly installed Windows box. When I wanted to the import the backup it complained i need needed 8.6.5 or higher, which I couldn't find in the list of downloads.

So I downloaded version 9 to test my backups on, but before I can restore it, I need to enter the license key.

Where do I get the key and if I can't, do I have to buy a new one for this test? Can I get a 5 day trial key or something similar so I can test if our server is recoverable in case of an emergency?

Thanks

Wayne

Back