• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Unable to migrate from DirectAdmin on an Ubuntu 20 server.

MarkLFT

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
I am looking to move out hosting clients from a DirectAdmin server to a new Plesk installation. However, when I try to use the Migrator, I receive a fatal error stating;

Failed to deploy Python on source server
Cause: Source server OS 'ubuntu 20 x86_64' on the source server 'directadmin' (ip address) is not supported
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have installed version2.24.1-1089 on the Migrator, which appears to be the latest version.

Ubuntu 20 LTS has been out for around 3 years, so I presume if it is not supported by now, it never will be. Is that a fair assumption?

That being the case, other than site by site, email by email, which is not an acceptable solution, how can I migrate those domains?

Hi @MarkLFT, thank you for posting. Indeed, the scenario is unsupported. Your options to workaround are to either migrate using YAML or JSON files as described in Migrating From a Linux Server With Custom Hosting or to use the free Website Importer extension Importing Websites. This also adds the email import feature.

I have an extra solution for you, too, that might work. It's not guaranteed, but you could try it:
Edit the file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/custom/actions/deploy_migrator_python.py and add this line to the supported Debian/Ubuntu sources:
(OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '20'): ('focal', 'PMM_0.1.11'),

So that the complete block would be
Code:
        debian_oses = {
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '6'): ('squeeze', 'debian/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '7'): ('wheezy', 'debian/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '8'): ('jessie', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '9'): ('stretch', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '10'): ('buster', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '12'): ('precise', 'ubuntu/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '14'): ('trusty', 'ubuntu/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '16'): ('xenial', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '18'): ('bionic', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '20'): ('focal', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
        }
Now, again, this has not been tested, it's a dirty hack, but you can try it at your own risk.

@Peter Debik, many thanks fo the suggestion regarding the adding of focal into the "acceptable" list. I tried this but received a different message. Perhaps you can shed some light on the possible causes.

Failed to deploy Python on source server
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /home/mark/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230831021620/ssh_upload.1 mark@ipdaddress:/etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-migrator.list
exit code: 23
stdout:
stderr: rsync: mkstemp "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/.plesk-migrator.list.uFKBwq" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1207) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Here it seems that some permissions are missing on the source server. Are you connecting as "root"? Then all permissions should be present. I suggest to please open a ticket with Plesk support https://support.plesk.com so that they can assist you further.

Back