• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Upgrade Virtuozzo container from CentOS 7

Actually, that doesnt seem to be the issue, just reading the code and the error reported;

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/almaconvert8-plesk", line 700, in <module>
    args.func()
  File "/root/almaconvert8-plesk", line 260, in process_cts
    results = pool.map(process_single_ct, args.CT)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 266, in map
    return self._map_async(func, iterable, mapstar, chunksize).get()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 644, in get
    raise self._value
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 119, in worker
    result = (True, func(*args, **kwds))
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 44, in mapstar
    return list(map(*args))
  File "/root/almaconvert8-plesk", line 547, in process_single_ct
    new_tmpl_list_raw = sorted(set(subprocess.check_output(['/sbin/vzpkg', 'list', ct]).decode('utf-8').split("\n")))
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 356, in check_output
    **kwargs).stdout
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 438, in run
    output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/sbin/vzpkg', 'list', 'xxxxxxxxx']' returned non-zero exit status 28.
Failure running almaconvert8 - Exiting... to resume use --convert and --finish options

Code:
/sbin/vzpkg list xxxxxxxxx
works ok from cli though, more digging required methinks

OpenVZ 7.0.21 - I suspect almaconvert8 only works smoothly on 7.0.20 and newer. That would explain some odd issues like this!

Thanks, just updated the platform so now we're on VZ 7.5.6, latest release, but still getting the same error above.

More digging needed.

@Dave W Wish we could help more with this, but almaconvert8 is entirely written by Virtuozzo devs. The -plesk modified version does only one thing: excludes Plesk from the list of exceptions that would cause it to not run at all from the start.

Considering you appear to be running Virtuozzo direct, I'd recommend reaching out to Virtuozzo support and give them that stacktrace (but remove the -plesk from each instance of almaconvert8 as they're not going to want to help with that if it's been modified, I'm sure).

You might also try using another container to see if it gets different results, or even try it on a non-Plesk container using stock almaconvert8 to see what the results are.

Once that's fixed up, if you're able to identify issues in our wrapper (not in almaconvert8 itself), please create an issue on the GitHub project and we'll see what we can do!

@Dave W Just realized - did you remove /root/almaconvert8-plesk after updating Virtuozzo/OpenVZ? Our wrapper will likely need to copy an updated version of the software over and modify it, but it assumes you started this from an updated node.

try it on a non-Plesk container using stock almaconvert8 to see what the results are
FWIW it works on a slave name server container, I upgraded two. I just had to re-save the existing firewall config in Virtual Administrator afterwards, to get it to allow DNS. Have not tried a Plesk container yet.

(I also upgraded a non-VZ VM under Hyper-V by upgrading in two steps to CentOS 8 then Alama, and had to create firewalld rules there for DNS/SSH)

Back