• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue WP Toolkit update broke update rules?

Soulstudio

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 9.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.44 Update #1
Hi,

I was using a few months old WP toolkit version and everything was working fine. Auto-updates for core, plugins and themes were disabled since I use WP Toolkit to manually update everything each week. Some websites have theme / plugin issues so auto-updates are a big no-no in my case.

Today we updated Plesk and WP Toolkit to the latest versions and now auto-update rules seem to be broken.

1. WP Toolkit documentation is obsolete: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...plugins-and-themes-in-Plesk-WordPress-Toolkit

This is NOT how WP Toolkit update options look like now. There is no option to disable ALL theme and plugin auto-updates anymore ???

This is how it looks like now (nothing like the documentation page).

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-26-05 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

2. No matter which options I choose, I always get this (plugin and themes updates are always on auto-update).

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-24-29 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

My question is, how do I completely disable auto-updates for my themes and plugins via WP Toolkit in this version?

Have you tried to switch off "Autoupdat all plugins"?

Screenshot 11.png

Interesting.... when I do that, ALL themes and plugins have auto-updates disabled already (from before), as they should.

However, they are still marked as if they have auto-updates enabled.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-24-29 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

It seems there is a bug in the UI — it shows "Auto" badge for plugins and themes which are not really had auto updates enabled.
Corresponding ticket ID is EXTWPTOOLK-9294.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

It seems there is a bug in the UI — it shows "Auto" badge for plugins and themes which are not really had auto updates enabled.
Corresponding ticket ID is EXTWPTOOLK-9294.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm glad it got confirmed as a bug! No problem, glad to help!

Thank you!

Back